Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Aeg L16830 appears to be dead, no lights

Customer Question

aeg L16830 appears to be dead, no lights
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

If the fuse and the plug socket are both fine then its more then likely the main board that has blown.

What you need to do is remove the top of the washer and there on the right you will see the main power board.
Remove this from the side of the washer and remove the back casing of the board. From there you can see the back of the control board and if its blown you will see it from there.

If it has then the control board will need to be replaced. But you will be best replacing the door lock as well. As what happens on these is the door lock failes and causes the control board to blow. Ive replaced loads of locks and control boards for this fault you have.

So check the control board and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards