Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My hja6100 freezer fan only kicks in three seconds when I

Customer Question

Hi my hja6100 freezer fan only kicks in for about three seconds when I turn the fridge on and then stops, I have replaced the fan in the past but this is ok as I have just had it running on the bench. I am currently waiting for half an hour and then switching the fridge on again to see if it resets itself. If this does not work, do you have any suggestions?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
When you first plug these in then the fan does run for a few seconds then stops as thats normal.
Then it will wait about 7-10 mins then the compressor should kick in and then the fan will come on as well.
If you leave it long enough pluged in will the fan kick in?
Is the compressor at the back kicking in?
Regards