Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Fridge part not cooling

Customer Question

Fridge part not cooling
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
email - ***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the refrigerator is not cooling well, you probably have a venting issue, assuming this is a propane refrigerator form your initial post. can you inspect and clean the vent from the top all the way down? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for answer. Unfortunately had to get somebody out yest. as had no fridge and food sent off. Anyway his answer was that the fridge was “knackered” his words not mine. He also said that the motor was gone and it needed a fuse??? ( I wasnt home when he came so just repeating what my husband said) After the repair man left my husband plugged in the fridge and hey presto it worked, not sure why or for how long. Still working this morning??? Dont know whether to keep it or buy a new one. One of the reasons i want to keep it is that it is fitted and we are finding it difficult to replace with same size and frost free. Any ideas.The model no. ZRB 2630 WThanks again for your help.Noeleen Donnelly
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

If it sat unplugged, it would have defrosted and corrected any air flow issue from frost built up. I suspect that is why it is now cooling. If that is the case, it will frost up again in about 5-7 days, so watch the temperatures. There are several components in the defrost circuit but the most likely to fail is the thermal fuse in the freezer that is mounted by the evaporator coil. If you can remove the rear cover from the freezer (inside) and post a picture, I can mark it for you.