Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Randy, We have a built in Bosch Microwave model HMT 8655GB.

Customer Question

Hi Randy, We have a built in Bosch Microwave model HMT 8655GB. It was here when we moved in two years ago. Is in really clean undamaged condition.
Symptoms: Today, set as normal but after 22seconds it just went to blank screen. The fan continued. I re-set immediately and it did the same thing - 22secs. Powered off for 10mins then re-set again. 22secs later same again, blank screen but this time no fan. No heating seems to have taken place. Regards Andy
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The erratic operation is indicative of electronic control failure. I suspect it will need to be replaced. However, it is possible that the magnetron antenna gasket is damaged and leaking. I would recommend you have it professionally repaired as it could be dangerous as it is.