UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a rangemaster SXS side by side fridge reezer. The…

Customer Question
Hi Dan, I have a rangemaster...
Hi Dan,
I have a rangemaster SXS side by side fridge reezer. The water has stopped working although ice still functioning. Any ideas on to get this working again?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
8/4/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Also does the fridge section seem to be working ok or is the bottom section of th fridge starting to freeze up?
Regards
Hi dan,
No fridge section works fine.
I checked water supply to fridge and this works fine as ice functions as expected.
Nick
Could you post the model please.
Also if the water filter is inside the fridge at the bottom just check this isnt frozen.
Regards
Model number is ***** Filter is outside unit.Could it be a faulty power cable connection to water unit? If so where is the connector on this model?

Hi

Im sorry i dont have access to the service details for this model. Its just different brands make fridges for rangemaster so i can only access some of them.

I will opt out now and if another expert can help on this they will jump in.

Regards

UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is most likely a faulty water inlet valve solenoid. When you press the dispenser, do you hear the valve humming or buzzing? If so, can you disconnect the line that leads to the dispenser from the valve and then see if water comes out at the valve when dispenser is pressed?
Hi Kelly thanks for helping. When I press against the water dispenser the light comes on but there isn't a humming sound. Any ideas?

Do you have a meter to test the voltage to the valve solenoid?

Hi Kelly, no I don't. Can you also explain what Value solenoid is in layman terms.Nick

The solenoid is the electrical coil on the water valve that opens the valve when power is applied. If you have no meter, there is no way to test it.

Hi kelly,Ok I have bought a volt meter off eBay, should be here in a couple of days.How do I get to the solenoid in order to test it on my model of fridge?

The water line is attached to the inlet valve. Locate the solenoid wires and place your meter leads to them and look for AC voltage when the dispenser lever is depressed.