Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My lamona dishwasher is not working properly. It's not

Customer Question

My lamona dishwasher is not working properly. It's not cleaning or heating up.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know it and can't find the manual.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Normally on dishwashers if you pull the door down there will be a sticker on the right hand side of the door with all the details on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are indeed correct! HJA 8630.1900 - 2200 watts.
Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok thanks for that. This model of lamona dishwasher is actually made by Beko.

So if its not heating up then you find it wont wash correctly. What you need to do is remove the panels at the bottom of the kicthen and remove the outer wooden door panel.

From there remove the metal panel at the bottom below the door.

There you will see the workings under there. You will see the heater cylinder on the right hand side. It will have 2 wires to it. Check the wires are fine and then you need a multi meter to test the heater and see if its faulty. If so then you need to replace the heater.

But if the heater is fine then you need to remove the plastic control panel and there you will see the main control board on the left hand side. This is the main control board and in there is the heater relay. Sometimes this fails and if so then you need to replace the control board to cure this.

So check them out and see what you find. But for this fault its usually either the heater or the control board that causes this.

Regards