Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Electrolux EW30DS6CGS5 oven is slow to heat. With the

Customer Question

My Electrolux EW30DS6CGS5 oven is slow to heat. With the cover off the back, I started the oven heating up and observed with my voltmeter that the upper and lower elements are turning on and off, even though the temperature has not been reached. There is a flash from the relays (visible through the plastic covers) each time. Is this typical or evidence of faulty relays?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There may be a flash, there is a high current arc each time they close. How much time are you allowing for a preheat? How are you testing the temperature? The elements will cycle on and off during heating. When it gets to temperature, does it hold it correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The real problem is that it just takes way too long to get up to temperature. 350 could take half an hour. 425 is barely achievable. Things are not cooking.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

When it gets to temperature, does it hold it correctly? It sounds like the relay board may be cycling too frequently. Does the lower element ever get red hot? Is this a new problem or one you have been dealing with since new?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We obtained this oven when we bought the house a year ago and the problem has always existed. Even when it says it is 350 it's not doing the job. I can not see the element because it is not exposed. Do I have to change out the relay board to see if that is the problem? Is it simple to do?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a thermometer in the oven to measure the temperature after a 30 minute preheat? Does the floor of the oven get hot right away after starting a bake cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience, Kelly. I'm going to get a thermometer that I can put in the oven to diagnose this better. I'm also suspecting that the oven door is not closing correctly, which could be part of the problem, of course. Let's keep this one open a little longer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am here until we get it figured out, there is no time limit! please disregard any automated messages you mat receive, I have no control over those. Anything from me will be in this thread.