Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Rob. I'm Chris. I have a Bosch exxcel 1400 wm/c. the spin function starts with a

Customer Question

Hi Rob. I'm Chris.
I have a Bosch exxcel 1400 wm/c.
the spin function starts with a bit of a delay does a gentle spin and water comes out but the timer jumps from 8 down to 1 with no high speed spin and the load is still soaking wet. Not tried a rinse cycle.
Also setting it to "drain" nothing happens at all so not pumping out. First thought is the controller but now not so sure.
Any thoughts?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
When you set it going on a spin only do you hear the pump at the bottom running?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply.
Subsequent to my sending the question, last night I drained the machine, checked the filter and there was nothing there just a bit of debris and then checked the pump impeller and it rotated okay. I put it on to spin cycle and the pump runs and the timing is now okay.
There was a bit of an odd noise from the pump so I put it on a couple of rinse cycles and then drained it each time to flush out any remaining debris. All appears to be working ok now. Just trying a wash cycle.
Will be in touch if there are further problems.
Chris
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine.