Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a washer and dryer Mielecomb wt 2670. Water is coming

Customer Question

I have a washer and dryer Mielecomb wt 2670. Water is coming out and screen is showing: waterproof.how can I fix the problem?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If you have water proof on the screen then water will have leaked into the base of the washer and has activated the flood switch.
What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you may need a towel for that part.
Once the water is out from the base the flood switch in there will reset itself and this will clear the water proof sign and will allow youto use the washer again from there.
Then see how it goes from there but if it does it again then theres a leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure this. To do this you may need to remove the top and front panel and then you can access the workings in the machine and try and find the leak.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I opened the cover at the bottom of the machine. Water came out and there was no dirt or hard objects. I tried to run the machine again but ended up with the same problem.what else should I do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Did you lean the washer 45 degs backwards to drain the water from the base?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No.I didn't lean the washer 45 degrees backward. I will try doing that later today when I have someone to help me.thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok once you tip it back this will drain the water from the base and reset the flood switch and that in turn will reset the washer and allow you to set it going from there.
Regards