Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the EW30GS65GS3 with the F15 error code. I do not have

Customer Question

I have the EW30GS65GS3 with the F15 error code. I do not have synchronization? I have replaced the relay board, the oven controller. The correct power is going to the relay board and the wiring and connectors all look good. What I've I missed, I have even paid a technician who knew less about the oven than I do?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Did you test the thermal fuse in the front console? F15 Controller self check failed or terminal cutoff open. 1) if the oven controller displays an F15 error code and the ESEC controller displays an E15 error code at the same time, this is a strong indication that the safety thermostat (thermal cutoff) inside the front console opened. The primary reason for a safety thermostat to open is a deficiency of the cooling fan. With a ohmmeter, verify if the thermostat tripped. Reset the thermostat is needed and verify operation of the cooling fan. Note: the safety thermostat, when open, cuts AC power to the oven relay board (connector J4, pin 1 and 3) and the ESEC relay board (connector J1, pin and 3). 2) An F15 error code on the oven controller may indicate the oven controller is not receiving a synchronization signal from the relay board. One easy way to determine this is to power off the unit, power it on and start a Timer for 1 minute before the F15 error code appears. If the timer counts-down normally then the synchronization signal is okay. If the timer stays at 1:00 and does not countdown, then the synchronization signal is missing. If the synchronization signal is missing, check first if the oven relay board is receiving 120VAC correctly (J4 pin 1 and 3). Then check the wiring between connector J2 on the relay board and connector P16 on the oven controller. If AC power and wiring looks good and the problem is still there, replace the relay board. If problem persists, replace the oven controller. 3) The F15 error code may be caused by an oven controller failure. If the safety thermostat and synchronization signal have been verified and tested good, replace the oven controller.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is and how do i check the safety thermostat?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
It is under the front electronic control, mounted on the metal plate. You can test it for continuity if you have a test meter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the relay board? I have checked everything you have asked me to check. But I do not know where the relay board is.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The relay board is 97A in the pictures at the link below, mounted on the back of the range. CLICK HERE