Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm having problems with a hotpoint LFT114

Customer Question

hi, i'm having problems with a hotpoint LFT114
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the fuse in the dishwasher plug blew a few days ago but now replaced and power is back on. Everything looks normal (lights, settings etc), but when I close the door nothing happens. I just tried running through the self test. The first few steps worked fine (hold P button for three secs until you hear beep, then press on button etc.) but again, nothing happened when I closed the door.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If the dishwasher just wont start what you need to do is remove the outer door panel and then remove the front plastic control panel.
There you will see the door switch. You need to check this and see if theres any signs of burning. As they have had a major problem on these with the door locks burning. They have issued a recall on it so worth checking with indesit on your model and serial and see if its affected. As if it is they will call out and replace it for free.
But if its not burned out you need to check to see if its switching over when the door is closed.
As for this fault if its not starting its either the door lock or control board. But 8 times out of 10 its the door catch that causes this fault so check that and see what you find.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards