Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint Aqaurius Model TCM580 Dryer, I moved it from my garage where is was

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Hotpoint Aqaurius Model TCM580 Dryer, I moved it from my garage where is was working ok, into our new utility room, plugged it in and it trips the circuit breaker in the consumer unit as soon as I try to switch it on.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi When you moved it water would have got into the back and onto the heater so that will be why its tripping out like this. What you need to do is remove the buldge cover on the back of the dryer and you will see water come out from the bottom. Then from there remove the heater in the panel.Now you need to use a hairdryer and fully dryer the heater up and get it hot. Dry it for a good few minutes from there.Also dryer the back panel as well. Once dryer out refit the heater and the back panel and that should cure the fault from there and stop it from tripping out. I see this fault a lot on condenser dryers where they have been moved as the water from the chamber gets into the heater chamber and causes this. Let me know how it goes from there. Regards