Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

John we have a Rangemaster with induction jobs. One of

Customer Question

Hi. John we have a Rangemaster with induction jobs. One of the rings is not working and the code E 4 keeps flashing. The other rings are fine. Can it be repaired please? Alan
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The E4 error is a very wide and general error. It simply means that the electronics are unable to communicate with each other and so it makes it inoperable for safety. It may be an issue with the single ring or something more serious, like the main electronic module or induction generator. This is an error that may require an on site technician. However, you can try an extended power cycle by turning the mains supply off for at least 4 hours. If it will not reset, it will need to be serviced.