Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How does this work? My whirlpool freezer is playing up,

Customer Question

Hi how does this work? My whirlpool freezer is playing up, i don't know the model
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The triangle is telling you that the temperature is too high. This can be caused by excessive frost, so, if you are still having trouble after defrosting, you may have a thermostat control issue or there may be a sealed system leak. Any changes after defrosting? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly, thanks for that, we going to try defrosting the freezer tomorrow, and will see the outcome. I can't find the model number at all! It's a fridge/freezer, big black american style, whirlpool brand. Also we have noticed there is a crack on the bot***** *****p of the freezer, when you open the freezer door, the bottom of the freezer..on the lip of it there is a hole crack, I don't know if that may be causing the build up of ice. We could seal it just with some duck tape?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The insulation inside the liner should prevent any air from coming up but you could tape it, if you wish. Let me know what happens after the defrost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly
Silly question but wondering how the best way to defrost the freezer is ? I can't really turn it off since it's a fridge-freezer and the fridge food may spoil? Any ideas of safe way to defrost? Tried leaving door open, but alarm just keeps ringing forcing you to open and shut the door, so it's not open long enough to have much impact. I read somewhere about leaving a bowl of boiling water in the freezer to help melt the ice, but the water just froze? You have any other tips?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
To manually thaw it, you will need to remove all of the shelving and then the back panel (inside the freezer) and use a hair dryer. That will take a couple hours to complete.