Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Beko ASP341B fridge freezer with a built in ice / water dispenser (plumbed).

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Beko ASP341B fridge freezer with a built in ice / water dispenser (plumbed). The water dispenser keeps stopping working due to the pipe freezing at some point. I can't work out how to get the ice dispenser unit out of the way to investigate further (assuming that's the right direction to look for finding the point where it's freezing). Any ideas how I can get to the water pipe in the freezer door? Or ideally, how can I stop the water dispenser freezing? That, of course, is the real issue!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The water line is drawn up through the door and is only accessible by pulling it out through the channel inside the door. It is likely freezing because of a too cold of freezer temperature or a breakdown of the blow in insulation in the door. Is the freezer temperature very low?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the freezer is on its warmest setting at -18 (eco) so there's nothing I can do there.Obviously pulling the pipe out is not going to help me, is there anything else you can suggest to resolve it?Is the door a sealed unit where the pipe runs?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The door is sealed, yes. Usually, there is a plastic sheath that is installed inside the door that the water line runs through. The sheath is put in before the foam insulation so it provides a path for the water line to be routed. Often times, the insulation will break down and allow the water line sheath to migrate and it will freeze if it migrates toward the freezer. If the temperature is as warm as it can be adjusted, I suspect the door assembly will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So there's no way to even get to the top of the water pipe to see? It comes out above the place where you put the glass, and I assumed that by removing part of the ice dispenser I'd be able to get to that. The dispenser looks like it's all removable, even if the bottom inside half of the door is not.