Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Siemens fridge/freezer with IWD and when we switch

Customer Question

Hi
We have a Siemens fridge/freezer with IWD and when we switch the IWD on there is water running inside the freezer. Why?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The valve wiring is likely reversed, energizing the ice maker valve when the door dispenser valve should be on. Has the valve been replaced or anything else that would have required removal of any wiring? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Siemens side-by-side
E-number
KA62DV40SD/03
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Has the valve been replaced or anything else that would have required removal of any wiring?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, we used the IWD for the first time, and the temperature is ok. We even tried by super freeze -30
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Does it make ice okay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, no ice at all. Or... We can't wait to see as the water is running inside the freezer and out through the ice dispenser.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
If you have adequate pressure at the water inlet valve from your home's water supply, the water inlet valve has failed and will need to be replaced.