UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Neff American style fridge freezer which is not producing…

Customer Question
We have a Neff American...
We have a Neff American style fridge freezer which is not producing ice and the fridge side is just not that cold. The front of the wall dividing the fridge and freezer is very warm. Any ideaswhatmight be wrong? It is in a holiday home in France and not sure our French is up to explaining to a local engineer! Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/27/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The excess heat in the front door strip is indicative of the fan that cools the compressor in the bottom is not working. That would make the ice maker suffer because the temperature will not drop low enough for it to cycle. Clean the coil in the bottom of the cabinet and make sure that fan is running to cool the compressor.
Thanks for that. Is the "coil in the bottom of the cabinet" behind a flap inside the unit or accessed from the back?
I can't yet rate you as awaiting a reply to my follow up question (as above). Thanks
Yes, you will probably have to remove the access panel from the back of the cabinet, at the bottom. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?