UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a smeg fan oven that is not working. The element had…

Customer Question
I have a smeg fan...
I have a smeg fan oven that is not working. The element had gone open circuit, so replaced it. the thermostat is working but when it is on the temp light not on and not heating any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/24/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also is the fan inside the oven running still? Regards
Model SMEG DO4SS-5, the fan is not running but it does not usually start until the oven has started warming up.
Hi Thanks for that. As to the fan this should kick in straight away inside the oven. Its only the cooling fan at the top that kicks in once it gets hot. Is the clock set or is it flashing? Regards