Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a speed queen dryer that's not switching of after clothes

Customer Question

i have a speed queen dryer that's not switching of after clothes are dry. I have check the thermostats, it seems fine, I checked the timer unit and found that one switch wasn't clicking, I stripped the switch and found that the contact inside was melted to itself, so I managed to detach it and cleaned out the contact so that it can make a proper contact, now I can hear the clicking sound. I assembled it and tested the machine again, but it still wont stop after dying a load of clothes. I also cleaned out the duct, lint filter, tested continuity on the thermostats, but still wont switch of. I don't seam to understand what is going on, please advise.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If there was a burnt contact in the timer, it will probably need to be replaced. If it does not advance in a timed cycle, you can measure power to the timer motor. If you have power, the timer motor is faulty.