UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Siemens fridge freezer started beeping last night. On the Freezer panel 18 was hig…

Customer Question
Hi! Our Siemens fridge freezer...
Hi! Our Siemens fridge freezer started beeping last night. On the Freezer panel 18 was highligted and blinking. I switched off and on and it stopped but it was still blinking in the morning. The freezer was also louder than normal I thought (or maybe I was paying more attention). Door was firmly closed and seal seemed fine. Fridge is 5 years old...
The type of fridge freezer is a Siemens KI34NP60 (Bought in Germany)
Is it dangerous and can it be fixed?
Thank you,
Sofia
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
6/22/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I do not think the issue is dangerous, no. Turn the power off at the mains for at least 4 hours. That will allow the electronics to completely reset. Does the behavior change at all? Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Hi! Thanks for the advise. I tried this and left it for 5 hours (just to be safe) but it started beeping again after 40min...
Are there any other things I could try? The fridge freezer is integrated into the kitchen so I haven't see the back of the appliance yet. Would you have any further ideas/advise on what to do?
Thank you, Sofia
Forgot to say that I can hear the fan running and there is no frost at all inside the freezer. Thanks, Sofia
If the fan in the freezer is running, the door switch circuit is working. So, I suspect the issue lies with the main electronic control board. Are you comfortable with replacing that yourself?