UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpiont tumble dryer tcl780g(uk) and it heats

Customer Question
hi I have a hotpiont...
hi I have a hotpiont tumble dryer tcl780g(uk) and it heats up for 30 seconds then goes cold any ideas
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/18/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this? If so does it do this on all cycles?Do you get any error codes or flashing lights from it? Regards
Yes it does it on all cycles and there are no error codes it just heats for about 30 seconds and then runs cold
Hi Ok have you checked the condenser at the bottom make sure that's all clear in there?Also when the heat stops does the empty water light come on? Regards
i have checked the filter and its clear and no light comes on it keeps turning but there's no heat
Hi Ok if the heat works for 30 seconds and then goes off then its looking like the control board at the bottom is the issue here. As the heater is getting hot so that will be fine. And the thermostats on these are one shot so basically if they fail it doesn't come back on so its not the thermostats on this. So this just leaves the control board at the bottom im afraid. One thing you can try in case its a faulty water light is the pump chamber at the back. As if this is full it can stop the heater from working. Look in the back right corner and you will see a white plastic chamber.Prise the top part out from the back panel and remove the pump from the chamber.Check the water chamber in there and make sure this is all clear in there.Then retry the dryer and see how it goes. But if its still the same then its looking like the control board is the issue and will need to be replaced. Now for this is a lot cheaper to get Hotpoint in as the boards are sold blank so you need to also get the programing kit which with the cost of that and the part is about £250 mark. But Hotpoint do a fixed price repair for £110 all in so for that they will replace the board and program it with there laptop and the cost is a lot cheaper then doing it yourself. So just check the pump first and see what you find but if that's clear then its looking like a faulty control board on this im afraid. Regards
Ok I will try the pump thing tomorrow and get back to you thank you
No worries that's fine