UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Daniel, I have a Zanussi ZSF 4143 that has water in the

Customer Question
Hi Daniel, I have a...
Hi Daniel, I have a Zanussi ZSF 4143 that has water in the base. I've checked for blockages and all seems clear. Power light is on but I can't activate any of the programmes. No lights displayed either (other than power light). Any ideas please? Thanks,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/16/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Have you removed the water from the base of the dishwasher?
Is the end of cycle light flashing still?
Regards
Yes I've removed water from the base.
No end of cycle light flashing. None of lights work except for "Power on" light.
Hi
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when you replied back.
Do you still need help on this?
If so then remove the plastic control panel on the door at the top and there you will see the on/off switch on the right and the control board on the left.
Check that on/off switch and see if theres signs on melting around the tags on there. If so then the switch will need to be replaced.
But if the switch is fine and theres still no lights coming on the control panel then its possibey a faulty control board as that's the only 2 things that control the lights on the front and starting it going. So check them and see what you find and let me know.
Regards
Hi Daniel, thanks for this suggestion. I'll be back home tomorrow so will try it out and then let you know how it ends up. Many thanks!
No worries that's fine.
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician