UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hotpoint WMXTF942 door makes a clicking sound when you press start…

Customer Question
hotpoint WMXTF942 door...
hotpoint WMXTF942 door makes a clicking sound when you press start
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/15/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
When you press the start button will the door actually lock?
Have you removed the transit bolts now?
Regards
yes transit bolts are removed
no door doesn't appear to lock
are you still there
Hi
Ok if the door isn't locking but its clicking then you need to check the wiring to the lock.
If you want to check this yourself then you need to remove the top and look down the front on the inside and you will see the lock.
Check the wiring block is fully pushed onto there as if the bolts were left in then the jumping of the washer could have caused the wiring to come loose.
If that's fine then remove the back panel and again there you will see the wiring going to the control board. Check these are all pushed on tight.
But if its still the same after all this then its looking like a fault on either the door lock or control board.
As its brand new you will be best either taking it back to your retailer or get Hotpoint out. But just don't tell them the bolts were left in as they may not repair it due to that reason.
But if the bolts are out then they wont know what had caused it and you will be fine.
So just check the wiring connections if you can and see what you find as it could be just a simple loose connection on there.
Regards
thank you will they know if I left the bolts in or not
No as theres no way or proving it. And to be honest use engineers want an easy days work so its a lot easyer for use to fix it rather then saying to the customer its there fault as this cause more trouble as we always end up going back to fix it for free anyway. So don't worry about that and just don't tell them you left it in.
Regards