UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpoint ultima WMD960 and I keep finding pools of…

Customer Question
I have a hotpoint ultima...
I have a hotpoint ultima WMD960 and I keep finding pools of water in front of the machine to the left hand side. I've pulled the machine out and it's dry behind and underneath so I can't see where the leak is coming from. Can you help?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/15/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?
Regards
Yes please Daniel
Hi
Ok these washer like to leak from the dispenser drawer on the left hand during the spin of theres a blockage in the sump hose.
What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back cover at the bottom on the back.
From there you will see a black hose acttched to the bottom of the drum. Remove the hose from there and in there you will see the filter cup.
Clear out any debris that's stuck in there. You may see a ping pong ball. That's ment to be there so make sure you pop it back in once done.
Then when that's all clear refit the sump hose and retry the washer and fingers crossed this cures it.
Try it and see what happens and let me know.
Regards
Thanks Daniel, I'll give it a go when I get the chance over the next couple of days.
Hi
No worries that's fine.
Regards