Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Microwave has suddenly stopped heating no indication of anything

Customer Question

Microwave has suddenly stopped heating no indication of anything wrong
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Calls cm 106

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Calls cm 106 sorry that is meant to read caple cm106

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for that ive seen it now.

If its not heating up then it can actually be a number of things that cause this. Either a faulty magntron, transformer, high voltage capacitor, diode or internal fuse.

As you can see theres a number of things that can cause this. But the most common cause is the magnatron as this is the part that creates the heating.

So if you are looking at fixing this yourself need to be aware microwaves can store up to 4500v even when unplugged so when you remove panels you must discharge the high voltage capacitor before touching anything in there.

Then you need a multi meter to test the magntron and the other parts to see which is the issue here.

So check it out if you can and see what you find. But microwaves are not the easist things to repair if you dont know about them due to the way they work.

Regards