UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a meile wt945, yesterday it tripped out the mains whilst…

Customer Question
I have a meile wt945...
I have a meile wt945, yesterday it tripped out the mains whilst on drying cycle while i was out. When i reset the mains the dryer came back on and then tripped the mains again. Now the washing machine trips the mains even when turned off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/9/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is either a shorted component or there is water that has gotten into an electrical circuit and is creating the short. Can you see any evidence of a leak?
No there is no leak, it is working now as a washing machine, so it must be the thermostat on the dryer element. Which points towards the problem being a clogged up fluffy fan.
I am not sure how it would cause it to trip with it not even being on. I suspect it will need a disassembly and inspection to get to the bottom of it. I am interested to know what you find.
Kelly, Appliance Technician