UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Good morning I am trying to replace a door seal on my Siemens…

Customer Question
Good morning I am trying to...
Good morning
I am trying to replace a door seal on my Siemens iQ 300 WM 10E464PL/27 but cannot get the front panel off. I have removed the kicker plate and control panel and the retaining screws on the bottom of the front panel. The door lock is posing a problem.
How do I get the front panel off please
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/9/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door lock screws will need to be removed to allow the front panel to be removed separately. Also, the rubber door seal needs to be removed from the front panel.
Thanks Kelly ... the problem is that this model does not have door screws, but there is a plastic clip on either side that needs to be removed. How do i do this without breaking the clips
Once the seal is removed in the front, you should be able to reach the back of the door lock to release the pressure tabs.
I am not sure, the manual does not state how the panel comes off, only to remove it. I will place your questions back to the list for others to see in case another has first hand experience with that model.