Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

After repairing the tumble dryer on my Electrolux ex14450w.

Customer Question

After repairing the tumble dryer on my Electrolux ex14450w. After your advise the machine has now packed up completely... No power to the machine replaced the fuse in the main isolation switch no change still no power checked main fuse box nothings been
tripped. Pulled machine out the other day noticed water leaking out the bottom of the machine? Two faults or only one issue? If possible would rather fix than replace..
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
If you have no power at the control now, there is probably a connection that was pulled loose during disassmebly. Have you inspected all connections internally?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The machine worked fine for a week after it was dismantled and I be checked all connections I removed..When I say no power as in nothing at all the display dosnt light up.
And there looks to be water leaking from underneath or at the back towards the bottom....
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Well, if you have power to the electronic co0ntrol and it is dead, that control is faulty. The model number you posted is not a good numbe.r Can you double check it, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I'm checking power to the machine what should I be getting voltage wise? I'll check it into the machine and at components....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a power converter in the machine to chage the output?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
You should have 230 VAC to the machine, the electronics will have a transformer to convert that to a low voltage DC, typically 12 VDC, but you only need to verify 230 VAC to the control.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Checked voltage there's 230ac coming in
To the transformer there's voltage around the components but nothing coming on in the main display pannel the model number is *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
So power to the control is good, that means the electronic control itself is faulty. That part is available below.
http://www.buyspares.co.uk/washing-machine/ewx14450w-91460600100/pcb-configured/product.pl?pid=2245804&path=400870,49424&model_ref=908854