UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

First our dishwasher wasn't draining then now we have not water…

Customer Question
first our dishwasher wasn't draining...
first our dishwasher wasn't draining then now we have not water coming into dishwasher?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
We have a Bosch dishwasher. We first thought it was not draining then when I took a look at it and we tested it after I adjusted drain hose so the loop was higher at least 30inches, we did not have water coming into unit?
6/6/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Also when you turn it on what actually happens?
Is the drain pump running all the time?
Regards
It sounds like it is running but no water
Model. Bosch SHE43R5xuc
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have the machine in a flood mode. There may be water in the base of the machine, under the tub. Is it the drain pump that is running?
It is not draining, this is how we first saw we had a problem. Then I tried to fill and also no water coming in but something is running not sure if it is drain pump or water pump I suspect it is water pump. I tried to see impeller but I need a star drive to undo the cover.
What you are hearing is the drain pump, your machine is in flood mode. The most common place for the drain to be plugged is at the connection point to the home's plumbing. Will it drain into a bucket if the hose is removed?