UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have an AEG lavamat 62810 which has been stopping mid-wash.

Customer Question
Hello I have an AEG...
Hello I have an AEG lavamat 62810 which has been stopping mid-wash. It makes a very loud thumping noise as it washes and we've noticed small bits of white plastic material on the clothes. I'm wondering what it's likely to be and whether we should bother calling a repair man or just replace it. I would be very grateful for your opinion. Thanks James
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
When you remove the clothes and rotate the drum it won't turn freely. It feels as if something inside the machine has broken off and is trapped between the drum and the workings. I should also point out that when it spins the thumping noise really is deafeningly loud!
6/2/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If you open the door and hold the metal drum at the front at the bottom can you lift it up and down a bit?
Regards
Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician