UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Servis 0330 and the freezer has been leaving a

Customer Question
Hi i have a Servis...
Hi i have a Servis 0330 and the freezer has been leaving a frost film on food in top draw of freezer. I decided to clean the back of it ( 2 days ago), by hoovering it and wiping over as it suggests in manual. Got up this morning and the fridge part is warm.Lights are on and i have just put it to Max light. It is making a normal noise so it seems to working. Any idea what is wrong. Thanks Julia
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/30/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
This usually happens when theres an issue in the freezer evaporator as the air flow isn't working as good as it should.
You have 2 options here. You need to either empty the freezer and remove the back cover inside there at the back and there you will see the evaporator. It may be covered in ice so you need to use a hairdryer and melt it all from there.
Or if you don't want to go removing panels you need to empty it and turn the appliance off for 24 hours and keep the freezer door open. This will allow the ice to melt in there and do the same job.
Once its all cleared retry it and fingers crossed that will cure the problem for you. But you need to do this soon as you will find it will get worse and will soon start to loose the cooling inside the freezer.
Regards