UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our IQ touch Electrolux front loader washer won't turn on even…

Customer Question
Our IQ touch Electrolux front...
Our IQ touch Electrolux front loader washer won't turn on even when plugged in. We unclogged it and when we sat the unit back up and plugged it in, no lights on the panel came on. Any idea what's wrong? Does it need to be reset?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/25/2015
UK Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Please post model number. Have you checked the outlet?
Yes we checked the outlet. where would I find the model #
Look inside the door for a label with the model number on it.
The door won't open
I can give you the # ***** the dryer and the pair go together
Right. Is there water in the washer?
No
Could this be the model #? EIFLS60LSS
Okay try this.Remove the bottom panel which would give you access to the pump area if you look up along the side that the door lock is on you will see a cord with a loop on it pull this cord and the door would open. The panel must be removed in order to locate this pull cord.
Let me get that dryer model number to see if I can find anything.
I just sent the washer model #
Yes that would be the model number, thanks.
Are you still there?
Yes still here. Did you remove the panel and look for the unlock cable?
Do we need to remove it just to get the model #?
We are taking it off now. We thought we only needed it to get the model #.
Can't take it off. There are two screws that are behind the front panel and we can't get the bottom panel off because of it.
I need to go to the laundry mat at this point.
You are going to need to replace the lock assembly anyway so you might just have to force the door open breaking the lock.