UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Electrolux vacuum, about 30 years old. It has given…

Customer Question
I have an Electrolux vacuum...
I have an Electrolux vacuum, about 30 years old. It has given me very little problems until now. The machine still has good suction, but the power bar cuts out when in use. Have checked all the electrical parts for continuity and find that the problem may be in the hose nozzle which connects to the attachments or where the hose attaches to the vacuum.
The vacuum does not get heavy use as there are only two of us and no children, just two short-haired cats.
My husband used to do any repairs necessary as he was a mechanic, but he elderly now and somewhat disabled especially in his hands. It is either up to me to repair or take into a repair depot. Have not been able to find a depot, I know there was one in Grand Prairie, Alberta, but cannot find a phone number for them now. I live in the northwest territories, but will be travelling through Alberta into Saskatchewan later this summer.
Can you help me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/25/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies within the cord or the connections at the power nozzle, the two most common points of trouble. The hose assembly may need to be replaced if the electrical is part of the hose and not replaceable separately. There is a service center listed in Grand Prairie, information below.
Prestige Appliances (###) ###-####
A service locator is shown at the URL below.
http://www.electroluxappliances.com/Owner-Support/Service-Locator/