UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My neff washer dryer is displaying the e14 Code at the end of the cycle. I can then op…

Customer Question
Hi, my neff washer dryer...
Hi, my neff washer dryer is displaying the e14 Code at the end of the cycle. I can then open the door but my washing is soaking wet and there is a small leak from the back of the machine. Once the door is opened error 04 shows. It also sounds strange when spinning the drum as though something is caught in there.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/22/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

E14 and E04 error codes can usually show themselfs at the same time like this. As E14 is a dryer NTC faut and E04 is a wash NTC fault. The NTC is a temperture sensor.

You need to pull the washer out and remove the top and access the dryer NTC on the top and check the wires on there and test it with a multimeter. It should give a reading of about 20K ohms.

If the dryer NTC is fine then you need to acecss the wash NTC which is in the heater and do the same to this.

But if both NTC senors are fine and the wiring is as well then its possibley the control board at fault.

As to the leak whilte its pulled out remove the back and check it for signs of leaking there.

And as to the noise when you turn the drum. As you may have something stuck in there. As you can get bra wires in there which catch as the drum turns. If this is the case then you need to remove the heater and then you can fish it out from between the drums in there.

Once the washer is out and the panels are removed then you should be able to sort this out. But from the sounds of this all 3 faults are not related so sound all different from each other.

Check that out and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Hi there, could you please tell me how to locate the ntc please, there seem to be a few things I can unplug. Model is V5340X0GB/03. I haven't been able to find anything that looks like the images I have found online with a probe to dip in water? 😐

Hi

The probe is located on the right hand side of the dryer vent. Click the link below to see the part.

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/SensorNTC/00425059

Now you wont see the silver bit as thats pushed into the chamber but you will see the black end with the wires going to it.

Regards

Ok I found the dryer ntc to the right of the washer drawer. It is giving a reading of around 12-13. This does drop when I warm with my hand...

Hi

Im taking it the reading its giving is in Kohms rather then just Ohms?

If so then that reading is good. So check the wiring and make sure thats all ok. If this is fine then you need to remove the dryer heater box from the top and check the air flow through the condesner as if this blocks up it can cause problems. But if thats all ok as well and its still giving the same error code then its possibley a faulty control board which will need to be replaced to cure this.

Regards

Hi Daniel, I put the black probe into the plastic connector on the side of the black wire and the red probe at the plug and got a continuous tone on the multimeter, but I don't get this on the side of the red wire. I get a reading of 1897 but no tone.

Sorry im not understanding what you mean by the above?

Did you remove the wiring block to the NTC to test it or did you test it with the wires connected still?

I'm so sorry, new to the job and probably bitten off more than I can chew 😕 I removed the part you showed me above and tested that unconnected. To check the wiring I haven't removed the white plastic box that the part was plugged into. Do I need to remove this?

Ok thats fine as thats how you test these you just pull the wiring block off.

As to checking the wires all you do is just give them a little tug to make sure the wire isnt broken inside there.

Hi Daniel, I took the wiring block off and tested the wiring. Visually I could see no problem. I pulled at the wires and they seemed ok. I tested the wires with the multimeter. The black wire had a continuity reading from the end to the plug. The red wire didn't give me the audible tone. Just a reading of around 1897 from one of the plug prongs. What do I remove from the top to find the other ntc? Is it the metal circular piece or the smaller round piece attached to the top of it? There is some silver foil padding wrapped around it. Do I have to remove that? Do you think maybe I'm at the stage I should just call someone? I have tried and you have been very patient! 😁