UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an aquarius wd520 and it has a fault, the door won't…

Customer Question
i have an aquarius wd520...
i have an aquarius wd520 and it has a fault, the door won't lock when you close it and you cannot select a programme as it says the door not locked , and it just makes clicking noises
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/21/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
When you say you couldn't get the door open did you need to pull the green tab at the bottom to open it?
Also do you get any flashing lights from it?
Regards
yes pulled the green tab at the bottom
and then i get the first orange light on and the red lock door one and the clicking when i press the start button
Hi
Ok to be honest this sounds like the door lock is faulty. As these locks do like to fail on these.
Open the door and remove the metal clamp from around the door seal and then unlip it.
Then you can remove the door lock there.
Then remove the wiring block and if you have a multi meter you can test the lock.
You will see 3 tags. Test between all of them and you should get a reading between 2 of them. If you don't then its faulty and will need to be replaced.
Check that out and see what you find. But from the sounds of this the door lock may be the issue here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards