Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Indesit FIE36KBIX have a bit of an issue, the element

Customer Question

Indesit FIE36KBIX
Hi have a bit of an issue, the element around the fan blew and for some reason as a result (or what was believed to be) we had 240v going straight through the oven door. I replaced both elements (grill and fan) and it worked fine for the first day......then my partner got a nasty jolt from the oven door. I had tested it the day before and it was fine, luckily she was present otherwise I would be well and truly in the dog house. I have checked all the wiring, no loose connections. I am completely at odds as to what could be causing it, any help is gratefully received as google searches are bringing up zip.
thanks in advance
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Have you checked the earthing of the oven to the house mains?
Do you have a multi meter?
Regards