AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a beko 601 DW that constantly trys to drain . The

Customer Question

Hi I have a beko 601 DW that constantly trys to drain . The flood switch looks OK to me any thoughts?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
Please post complete model number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Beko dw 601 dishwasher
The unit is in flood mode. You need to dry the water up in the base and try it again. Once the water is soaked up, the unit should work again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There has not been a leak and the base is dry and the switch seems to make and break .
A
If you are positive that the switch is good and not stuck up then the drain pump is faulty and needs replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What controls the amount to time the pump runs ? Does the pcb control it ?
Yes but I doubt the pcb is faulty here. Have you checked the drain line and pump for obstructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have striped the pump from its housing and it was clean . The pump just continues to drain the water that's let in by the valve , I've also manually filled it with water and it still drains.
And you have made sure the float is not stuck in the up position?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes , I've even taken the float switch apart it all seems ok .
Im thinking the drain pump is faulty. I would replace it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why would the drain pump keep running if the pcb controls it?
If it is faulty it could still run no matter if the pcb tells it not too. Then it could be the pcb faulty telling the pump to run when it doesnt need to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How co you check for a faulty pump ?
Disconnect the motor's two wire leads from the wiring harness. Set your multimeter to the R x 1 setting. Touch each of the meter's probes to one terminal each. Your motor should show little resistance (a reading of zero, or close to zero).
Now check the ground connection. Place one probe on the bare metal housing of the motor. Place the other probe on each terminal, one at a time. You should not receive any reading on your meter from this test.
If your dishwasher's motor fails either of these tests, you will have to replace it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've put a multi meter across the terminals on the pump and got a reading of 200 Holms which I think is correct . The pump must need a power to run it . If the pcb stops sending the signal surely the pump will stop can the pump be sent power from another sorce.
If you got a reading of 200 ohms then the pump is faulty as it should have read zero or close to zero.