Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

H Rob my beko washing machine fills with water on every prog

Customer Question

H Rob my beko washing machine fills with water on every prog then just wont go any further
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WM747S
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
I think you have missed a bit of the number out as that's not coming up and looks to short. Can you double check it please.
Also if you set it to a spin only will the pump run and will the drum turn?
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry WMA747S when set to spin only it starts to pump the water out with the drum not moving at all then it will just suddenly and abruptly stop
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Ok thanks for that.
What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and get someone to hold for you.
Then lie down and look under the washer.
There you will see the back of the motor. Either side of the motor at the back are the carbon brushes.
Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and that should sort it from there.
Check them out and see what you find as worn carbon brushes can cause this sort of fault that you have.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I will try that that thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok no worries