Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Good morning. I trying to find out why my Siemens dishwasher

Customer Question

Hi good morning. I trying to find out why my Siemens dishwasher is not cleaning properly and I've found out that the lower arm is not revolving
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the full model number please. Its usually etched into the door frame at the top left hand side as you open the door and starts E-nr
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi.I'm now not at home so will check the serial number and let you know tomorrow morning if that ok. Although we have used this service before for the same machine if you have access to previous data I guess the no. Might have been listed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Ive seen that question you have asked previous but it only shows the serial number. I need the model number which is the E-nr to see which build this is.
As from the fault you describe it could be a few things depending on the model.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I will send you that tomorrow or a bit later this evening.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries that's fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
E-Nr
SE6 4 A630GB/44
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thanks for that. Ive just checked that model and this doesn't have a diverter valve in there. As some models have a diverter valve which diverts water to the top arm then the bottom. So they tend to play up and you get a fault like you have now.
But your model doesn't have this so what you need to do if you haven't already is pull out the bottom basket and from there remove the lower spray arm.
Now you need to give this a good clean out. Make sure all the holes are clear as if any are blocked then it stops the arm from spinning.
Also check theres nothing that's fallen in there stopping the arm from turning when the basket is pushed back in.
But if that's all clear and the lower arm still isn't turning during the wash then its possibley a faulty arm which can fail as it knocks the balance out and stops the arm from spinning. In this case the arm will need to be replaced.
But check the above and see what you find and let me know how it goes.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did clean out the arm first of all but will check your other suggestions and get back to you. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries that's fine.