UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Staying with friends who are away.

Customer Question
Came down today to...
Staying with friends who are away. Came down today to hear the alarm on their Bosch no frost fridge freezer, and the temperature flashing. Checked the doors. Both closed. Managed to switch off alarm. Worried that the temp control still flashing. It was on 10 4 hours ago, and now it's flashing 17. No idea what this means. I have to go out and not back till late. Worried the whole thing will defrost. What do I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/8/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please. It will be on a sticker inside the fridge behind the salad box and starts E-nr
Also can you still hear it running?
Regards
I tried 3/4 times to get answer to my queries. Was asked to type in my 'settings' umpteen times, for my bank details, then when I tried to access what the answer was, ("press continue") was told my time was 'invalid' and I had to log in again. Each time I did that, I had to go back to the beginning - and the same message got typed on my screen from 'MrCool' to type in my details yet again. Understandably I got tired of this, time elapsed, I'd given my bank details in order to leave a deposit, I had described in detail what was going on with the fridge, I got no reply, merely the message that I had to start all over again, and I gave up as it was now late and I had to leave for work. I had to phone a friend to sort the fridge. I won't be using this site again. I thought it was a scam actually, as it proved impossible to get thro to anyone in any sort of simple manner. I shall be watching my bank account in order to ascertain money was not taken out for a service I didn't get.
Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician