Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC
10522817

I have a dyc8813b dryer, the acrylic and synthetic button indicator

I have a dyc8813b dryer, the acrylic and synthetic button indicator is on all the time and the dryer wont start it just hums, tried resetting the machine but it just wont go
can you spin the drum by hand ? try this have someone press start for you while you hold the door switch in and spin the drum with your hand, will it start then ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have just done what you said, the machine is now running with the door open, the symbol is still lit and the machine wont start without a helping hand to spin, the drum will spin about quarter turn then stops by hand, is this free enough?

thats what I thought. unfortunately the motor start windings are bad. so you cant replace the windings you will need to replace the motor. sorry for the bad news but we see this all the time that's why I had you try that. thanks and best wishes, Bryan