Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool 8412 awo/d and both red lights have just

I have a whirlpool 8412 awo/d and both red lights have just come on
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Since draining the washer, that would have corrected a drain error. Unplug the machine for one hour and see if the control will reset. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly,

Have done as you said but machine has not reset, the red spanner lights up after 10 seconds when i set program...the water and pump red lights does not light up only the spanner, my machine was working fine and finished last load okay no problems but two days later i put new wash in and the red spanner light came on straight away and never started wash...hope this helps you diagnose problem.Frown

When it should be filling, can you hear a humming or buzzing noise from the area of the water valve where the hose is attached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there is no noise at all

Do you have a meter to test for voltage at the water inlet valve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sorry

That will be the only way to tell for certain what part is broken, but I suspect the water inlet valve is faulty.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for your help very useful and will try and get a voltage tester..when i get one how do i test it please?

Turn the machine on and test for 240 VAC across the two terminals of the water inlet valve.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for your help now to go and buy a inlet water valve

You are very welcome, keep me posted, thank you!