UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

i have a electrolux front load washer with a e91 code lights

only on screen none on...
i have a electrolux front load washer with a e91 code lights only on screen none on switches.this is new washer
8/31/2013
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that error code please.
Thanks Von, the error code means there is a communication problem between the user interface and the main control board.

You would need to remove the top panel of the machine, then once off remove the control console, You will see a wire harness running from the interface and the main control, Unplug this harness at both ends and then re seat them back into the controls, If this fails to clear the problem then you likely have a bad main control board.

If the machine is covered by the warranty still I would call Electrolux and schedule warranty service since the control board will be free.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

i shipped out of country no warranty

Ok in that case Von maybe the wire harness has come loose, If not the control board would need to be purchased and then replaced.

Thanks!

Mike.

how do i get front panel off

You would need to get the top panel off by removing the 3 screws along the rear lip of the machine, Slide the top back and lift it off. Once off remove the visible screws along the top of the control panel and the screws inside the detergent dispenser, Unclip the top of the control panel, it should come right off.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,

when it rains it pours the voltage is too low to washer now my ge profile refridgerator is not getting cold

great job on your washer answer but it is the voltage

ok thanks

can u help with ge profile refridgerator.it has bottom freezer

I'm on the road at the moment, will have to get back to you

why wont the washer work with 111 volts

i guess u are still on the road

Sorry I have been away for the weekend, What is your question?

is 111 volts enough to start washer and what would cause ge profile bottom freezer to go to warm inside it is new

Yes that voltage looks fine, I doubt it would cause the problem with the refrigerator.

I can only answer questions about one appliance (site policy) if you have questions regarding the refrigerator you would need to post a new question.

If you would like to request me you simply need to click on my name at the corner of the info box.

Thanks

the washer was put on a generator and all lights came no codes on house current which is now 107.5 it doesnt go

When you hit start does the machine fill, do you hear it lock?

on house current there is a code and only the screen lights up nothing else

The same code?

yes e91

Ok then your going to need to replace the control board...Thinking about the generator I don't think that would work since the heater would draw more amps then the generator could supply although I have never tried running one off a generator.

all the lights came on with the generator hooked up and no code on house current no lights and code keeps flashing i think if it runs on generator it should run on house current since generator is 120 volts as house current should be.instructions on machine says 120volts

I am really not sure about the generator, You would need to consult a electrician, the machine should run on 110v - 130v but as I say it likely would not start because the amps it draws would be more then the generator could supply.

If you still have the same error code on the house supply and have tried the wire harness and that didn't work replace the control.

ok thanks

Your welcome Von
Mike, Home Appliance Technician