UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Hi - My Indesit idl 40 c is not going through the wash cycle,

it part fills with water...
Hi - My Indesit idl 40 c is not going through the wash cycle, it part fills with water but not above the element. Then nothing happens, the arms don't spin and it stays with the wash light on until evetually it drains.

Please help!

Dean
8/30/2013
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The wash motor is likely faulty. Do you hear any humming or buzzing noises at all after it fills?
Yes it hums, I thought it was the element heating up.
The element will not hum, that is the recirculation motor. It will likely need to be replaced and is available below.

CLICK HERE

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX underneath and made sure nothing has come loose. The machine is working now, maybe one of the wires had come loose?
It is possible, one of the motor wires. Make sure the wiring is good to the motor and especially the round capacitor mounted to the side of it. Glad it is now working!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician