UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

zanussi wash machine ZWF 1432 W. I put some material in it

that was too heavy and...
zanussi wash machine ZWF 1432 W. I put some material in it that was too heavy and hence the drum came off its axis, one spring came lose. I have put it back but it wont start,.
8/19/2013
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! It is likely that the drum dropping disconnected a wire harness somewhere. Inspect all wiring for loose connections or broken wires. Let me know what you find.

Hi Kelly, thanks for your answer. I did check for disconnected wires but didnt see any. Am not at home at the moment so cant check again til tomorrow. Is there some kind of safety cut off switch that may have been tripped?

There is no safety switch, no. Does it program okay and just not start?

yeah it starts and makes the normal noise that they do and then you would hear the water being pumped in but it just stops.

Will the tub turn smoothly by hand now?

yeah it turns fine both ways and there's no noise or anything out of the ordinary there.

There must be a connection off somewhere. Did it drop enough to break anything?

i dont think so it went down onto a hardboard floor. I will check thoroughly for disconnected wires in the morning, I may have missed something

Okay, let me know what you find.

thanks for your help I'll get back to you.

Dominic.

Thank you.

Morning Kelly, I have just checked over the machine thoroughly and it all seems to be ok. no lose wires or anything. should i open the main circuit board and look in there

Relist: Other.
would like a quick answer
The next step would indeed be to inspect the main electronic control, yes. Let me know what you find.

Hi, yeah i looked inside the pcb module and sadly it has blown. theres a black mark on the plastic cover and the board is black in the corresponding area. i checked online and they are over £100 to replace so ive decided to get another machine.and who knows maybe the main interface panel could also be damaged so I dont wanna risk it. any thoughts?

I totally agree and suspect other damage was done. I believe a new machine is in order....

what are your thoughts with regard to buying used machines?

Well, if it is from a reputable reseller, I have no issue with it. They will usually provide a warranty with it. From a private seller, I would discourage unless it is such a great deal you could afford to make repairs early on. People usually don't sell unless they have issues with a machine.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician