Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a hotpoint SDW80 dishwasher that wont turn on. I changed

I have a hotpoint SDW80 dishwasher that wont turn on.
I changed the fuse thinking it might be that and when I put the plug back in the machine beeped but no amount of pressing on would bring anything up on the display.
I took the front cover off and checked all connections and they looked fine.
Am I looking at the motherboard or the Display unit that is the culprit?
Thanks in advance.

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't found an answer yet

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Michelle-Moderator
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you have verified power to the control and still it will not turn on, the main control is likely faulty, not the low voltage display electronics.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When you say verified power to the control do you mean that it was from it beeping when plugged in.?

And to confirm you think it's possibly the main board that could be faulty rather than the board behind the display?

Thanks

Thebeep does confirm the power is to the board. The main control is suspect, not the display board. The display board is a low voltage board with a very low rate of failure. I would replace that main machine control board.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!