UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have an amana 3 door fridge, with freezer on the bottom. I

I have an amana 3...
I have an amana 3 door fridge, with freezer on the bottom.
I am a sabbath observer, therefore cannot turn on lights on the sabbath. We always just taped the switches on the top of the fridge - as of the door is closed, and then when we open the fridge the led lights dont go on. Problem is that recently, the fridge and freezer just shut off, and we can only turn on after the sabbath by removing the tape and pressing the temperature arrows. Is there another way to not have the led lights go on when opening the door? (the freezer is fine because we just took out the lightbulb)
6/18/2013
Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician

Drcool :

Hello, your tape solution is already working until the unit is shutting off during the sabbath, now there is another problem that we need to check. Why is it shutting off? was it because of the taped switch ? Will it not run anymore the whole day? Or I am thinking, it could have just reached temperature and is just waiting for the thermostat to demand cooling again? or it could be in defrost mode where in it takes a while to defrost. In some instances, it takes 30mins to an hour to defrost the unit. Can I have the complete model number please?

Customer:

model g37025PEAS

Customer:

the model is g37025PEAS, I believe its shutting off because warm air is coming in each time I open the fridge - yet the taped switches make it seem like the doors are closed. Once it shuts off - it doesnt run anymore, food turns warm...until after the sabbath when I remove the tape and press the thermostat arrow.

Drcool :

Hello, Does the shutting off experience happens only when ever you tape the switches?

Drcool :

during the sabbath?

Drcool :

Can you check the condenser coil if it is dirty? That would be the black coil underneath the unit or at the back of the unit. You may have to remove the back panel of the unit to access the condenser coil.

Customer:

OK, thanks

Drcool :

Will be waiting what you will find out. Thanks

Customer:

I cant do that myself, so will need to wait and check. What I really wanted to know is if there is some sort of setting which turns off the led lights (the number setting)

Drcool :

Hello, I do not think there is a control for the light in the fridge except from the door switches. I am thinking, if you were able to remove the bulb in the freezer, can you not try to disconnect the LED lights from the fridge?

Customer:

How?

Drcool :

In some model, you can see a small slot where you can pry the LED assembly, then it would come down and there would be wires connected to them and you can disconnect it from the wires. In some models, you would have to remove a clear plastic cover first before you can remove the LED assembly. I am not particularly familiar with your unit on how to remove the LED light.

Customer:

ok, thanks

Drcool :

Let me know what you find out? Thanks.

Customer:

I am trying to rate the question and it doesnt allow me to click good service

Drcool :

Ok. Let me do something about it. Thank you very much.

Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Drcool
Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician