Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

I have a Belling 900 cooker (1997). I need to replace the

I have a Belling 900 cooker (1997). I need to replace the main oven thermostat. The existing one is part 45THC3/L5 and has two terminals - one marked with a + symbol. I have been sold a replacement part number C00145486 which has two terminals - marked 1 and 2. Which is equivalent to the + terminal on the original - or does it not matter?

Colin

Drcool :

Hello, May I know if this is an electric oven or a gas oven?

Drcool :

Hello, I just looked at both thermostat and they are electric thermostat so it would not matter which wire is connected to which terminal since it is just a close and open contact. Just make sure the terminal clips fits the terminals of the new thermostat.

Drcool :

Thanks

Customer:

Thanks. XXXXX suspected but as well to get an expert view!The original has a wire to the pilot light as well, which shares one of the terminals. The new one does not have a shared terminal to attach the pilot light, so I think I'll need to either do without the plot light - or get hold of a connector that allows the two wires to share the one terminal.

Drcool :

If you can find that new terminal that would hold for another socket terminal. We have that kind in air conditioning, then you can replace one terminal and use that kind of terminal so that you would have an extra clip to put on the pilot light. Let me see if I can find that terminal I am talking about.

Customer:

Brilliant. Thanks

Drcool :

Hi, found this picture.....they call it the piggy back...the extra spade terminal would be the place where you can clip your pilot light terminal....

Customer:

Thanks. I know what I am looking for now. Very helpful. Thanks Drcool!