Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Siemens washing machine s12 49 with an error message

I have a Siemens washing machine s12 49 with an error message f43 I can't open the door and there is no spin button to reset the error messages as some postings have suggested. We had an electrical fault at home when the heating pump burnt out and it may have caused a power surge can anyone advise please?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

It sounds like the lock has failed.
Is there water in the machine now?
Do you have the full model number?

Some of thee machines do have an emergency door release, but I do need the full model number to be able to check for you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there is water in it and it locks automatically when I turn it on. and just keeps flashing the F43 message can you tell me where the model number will be?

Hi Emma

Thanks

OK, the door will be locked because the water is still inside, sorry.

The model number, rather annoyingly, is in the door recess!!

So, first thing we need to do is to gt the water out of the machine to be able to open the door.

When was the last time you checked the filter?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sunday! it stopped working at the weekend and my husband broke the filter trying to get it off so I ordered a replacement which i fitted on monday after cleaning out the filter

do I need to empty it using the hose?

Hi Emma

Yes, lower the hose into a bucket, the water should flow.
Raise the hose to stop the flow.
Continue till no more water flows.
Then use a shallow bowl and continue till no more water flows.
Then lay down lots of towels and undo the filter as normal. There will be a lot of water !!
Wait a couple of minutes and the door should open
Let me know when you are at this point and let me have the ENr from the data plate in the door recess. Did it stop emptying before you removed the filter? Was there a lot of stuff in the filter?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will do it now and send you back the number. No it stopped spinning and woudl not finish the cycle came up with an error which when i looked it up said to check teh filter - yes there was a lot of crude in the filter!

OK

Thanks

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's empty but the door won't open it comes on and is just flashing and the motor is running but doing nothing
There was hardly any water in it.
Is it for the tip.
Hi Emma

Leave it unplugged and wait 5 minutes then try the door again without plugging it in.

When you say the motor is running, do you mean the drum is turning?

Is it still 43 flashing?

How old is it?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you get the numbers I sent you? As the door is open its about 3 years old and f43 is still flashing
Hi Emma
Great

Can you resend the ENr.
Please put ENr directly in front so it reads like

ENr123456/wa
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Enrwm 12s494gb
Hi Emma
Great, got it

Get the clothes out, shut the door, leave the filter open and put the machine on the drain cycle.

Listen at the filter opening.
Do you hear a pump running?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It won't register any cycle or rinse none of the buttons are working the start button is just flashing and whatever cycle I set it to it just flashes the error message the motor is no longer running since it emptied
Hi Emma

OK, given that you may have had a power surge, I think this may now be a main board fault.
This would require a "hand on " diagnosis.

I know a company who will do an "all in" repair for you.
It includes all the labour and all the parts. If it is the board, this will definitely be the cheapest way out of this for you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK thanks I thought it might be something serious! please send me the details I haveto go to pick up my daughter from school but thank you for your help

Hi Emma
No problem

The Company I originally thought of was a bit expensive, so British Gas are a bit cheaper at £125 all in.

Please go here all the details are there.

This will be way cheaper than calling Siemens out, especially if its the board.

Sorry it wasn't great news though.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob