How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rob Your Own Question
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 6991
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
Rob is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

removed filter at bottom of machine to clean when refitting

This answer was rated:

removed filter at bottom of machine to clean when refitting it lets water by help
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

This sounds like a bad seal on the filter.
Can you tell me the make and model number please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

candy grand o model

Hi Richard

there will be a model number, maybe on the data plate in the door recess.

Please remove the filter.
At the end where the cap is, you will see a rubber bung. Feel carefully around this for any splits or tears. If its damaged, you will need to replace it.
More likely, its rough feeling, with calcium build up.
Use a descaler like Viakal on a cloth and gently rub it all around the seal and rinse off.

Do the same at the machine end, where the bung tightens against the housing. If this is rough, use the Viakal again and rinse.

Then refit the filter and all should be well.

If you need the new seal, please let me have the model number.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi felt around both gaskets and they feel ok but have put some ptfe tape round and stopped leaking but think i should get new filter /rubbers can i order them thru you and how much model no GO FS 262-80



The best place to get this is Candy Spares.
Call them on 0151(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
Have the model number handy.

Ideally you just need the seal for the filter.

It may be you have to get the filter complete, unfortunately the diagram doesn't say if they are available separately.

If you need anything else, please just ask, otherwise please don't forget to rate me, as this is how I get credit for helping you today

Rob and other UK Appliance Specialists are ready to help you